Following rapper Falz’s recent interview with HipTv where he advised his fellow Nigerian musicians to stop promoting and glorifying fraudsters in their songs.
A lot of opinions, hateful comments have been observed on all social media platforms with some section backing the Law graduate turned rapper, while some have blasted him for indirectly shading veteran musician, 9ice ‘Living Things’.
The event may now have taken a new turn with fresh facts presented on the length at which this theme has thrived in the industry.
With all the hate finally paving the way for some low self-esteemed, mentally displaced, self-loathing individuals to suddenly be consumed with ego and bragging rights they lack in real life, it should be noted that these norm (glorifying fraud/fraudsters) have actually been in play for a very long time.
To the carriers of the slogan ‘I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so I must ‘Chache’, here are 10 songs by Nigerian acts promoting fraudsters.
1. D’Banj – Mobolowowon
2. Olu Maintain – Yahoozee
3. Kelly Hansome – Maga Don Pay
4. Reminisce – 2Mussh
5. 9ice ft. Davido – Living Things (Remix) [ Download Here ]
6. Olamide – Prayer For Client [ Download Here ]
7. Junior Boy ft 9ice – Irapada [Now this song was meant to be about redemption but instead, it had the artistes hailing fraudsters and giving a couple of them cameo appearances in the video]
8. Shobzy ft CDQ, Ycee – Eruku Remix [ Download Here ]
9. Small Doctor – Penalty [ Download Here ]
10. Olalakeside – Elegushi Spender [ Download Here ]
11. OlaDips - ChaChe [ Download Here ]
Heated debates, shades and the likes, have for hours on end been taking place all over the country as to if Falz is right or not.
With some agreeing Falz is right, but should have just turned a blind eye like few others have been doing, and others suddenly locating the writing spirit in them, composing lengthy open letters….
What do you guys really think? Is Falz right and if he is , will he win the brewing war?